Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Call 911 - The beginning

(This "Call 911" story is more of an update on my medical condition and life right now. I'll tell you now it is all true)

Ok, don't call 911. It's not quite that serious. Yet. I went paintballing about 1.5 months ago and got shot in the leg a few times. No big deal right. Except that the bruises got bigger and bigger all along the side of my thigh. I thought it was cool and was showing it off...no big deal. Then a couple weeks later a guy from Toon Town (soccer team in Men's Div 3) slide tackled me from behind and nearly broke my leg. I kept playing but at the end of the game I rolled my ankle as well and had to hobble off. I thought nothing of it (but yes I did slide tackle that guy back cleanly and he got so mad he punched me in the back and swore at me for a few minutes. Of couse the ref was blind and didn't even card him) and went on home. However, over the next few days I watched as my entire leg from the knee down turned purple with a large bruise and it started to swell. My wife (an EMT) and a few of our friends (nurses) thought I should get it checked out by getting some blood work done. I was fine with that. It wasn't hurting much and I was still playing soccer, but I knew something was wrong as I had never bruised like that before.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: