Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kudos of the Week

I figured it's time to start a new feature on this blog...ok, it's actually the first feature I've ever had but you got to start somewhere! Kudos of the Week is going to be a weekly feature where I give "Kudos" (not cooties) to a person/business/service that I feel did a great thing this week. I'm leaving the guidelines fairly loose to start with.

The first Kudos of the Week is going to Jordan at Prairie Mobile Communications on 8th street. I needed to get a cell phone due to my new job. I wanted to go to Prairie Mobile because they do a lot of business with our company and I like to shop at those types of places. My work was going to cover my cell phone contract so I had to put it under their account. The first time I walked into the store I waited in line about 10 minutes and then as the sales girl helped me she eventually realized that she couldn't set up my account because it was a Saturday. Understandable, so I left to come back on Monday.

Monday I came back right after work and after standing around in line (or at least I thought it was the line) for about 5 minutes, someone walked in, went to the receptionist who then told the customer it would be about a 30 minute wait to talk to a salesperson. She then looked at me and told me it would be 30-45 minute wait. I had to be somewhere rather quickly so I once again had to walk out...this time a little perterbed.

I went back on Wednesday, again right after work, and waited around again for a little bit as the receptionist again told me it would be about a 30 minute wait (on a side note, I found out that all these Sasktel Mobility stores have long waiting times and are always busy because it takes so long to set up each customer). Luckily, within 5 minutes I was able to talk to Jordan. I told him which phone I wanted and how I needed it to be set up under my company's account. He then informed me that since it was past 4:30pm he was not able to set up the phone because the main office closes at 4:30pm each day (no one had ever mentioned this to me before).
It was here where the pivotal turning point happened. I was once again going to leave, possibly for good this time as I was getting quite frustrated and was going to try out a different store, when Jordan did the best thing a salesperson could ever do...he went above and beyond to help me. He told me that what he could was take down my work information, and then the next day when the office opened up he would set up my phone, give me a call at work to tell me it was ready, and then courier my phone to my workplace so I would have it by around 10:00am the next day. Not only that, he assured me I would like the phone I was choosing which also put me at ease. Within 2 minutes of that I was walking out the door and the next day at work my phone showed up via courier just like he said it would. I was extremely impressed with that service and will always go back there from now on!

So to Jordan at Prairie Mobile Communications, Kudos to you! The service you offered to me that day was amazing and I will be telling everyone I know to go to Prairie Mobile Communications on 8th street and talk to Jordan if they need a phone. Thanks for the great service and for WOWing your customers.

No comments: