Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Things are looking up!



Last night I was up late and perusing through some blogs I like to read and one of them is the www.canadianpoker.com. I was reading through Dave's Poker Log and he asked a question and the first person who emailed him the correct origin of the motto would win a Team Canuck Poker hat. Needless to say I quickly emailed back the answer and found out this morning that I had won the hat! I can't wait to get it and wear it in our next poker game (hopefully it's here for this Friday's game). I'm hoping this luck carries on to the $40,000,000 Lotto 649 draw tomorrow!

The motto, which was used by the Canadian Destroyer Squadron 4, is "Taken at the flood." Does anyone out there know the origin of this motto? Let me know in the comments section.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheldon, you always win stuff! But then I guess you also enter to win, so that helps. Hey, we just joined a care group out here and the guy leading reminds me a bit of you - totally into games and poker. It's fun.