Thursday, February 16, 2006

15 Minutes of Fame


Ok, it will actually be more like 4-5 minutes of fame, but none the less I will be on TV. To be specific, I will be on one of the greatest shows watched in Saskatoon by people who are home between 12:00 and 1:00pm during the week and only have ghetto vision (3 channels) and the best reception is on CTV. Have you guessed the show yet?

That's right! It's the News at Noon with Jeff Rogstadt! On Thursday February 23rd sometime between 12:00 and 1:00pm I will be making my grand appearance on TV for the first time. And what, you may ask, are you on TV for? Well, let me tell you...

I am in charge of promoting an event here in Saskatoon called the Hbc Run for Canada on July 1st. It's a running event consisting of a 10K run, a 3K family walk and a 1K kids run. And the best part is that all the money raised for this event is going to support our Canadian Olympic Athletes! It's going to be a lot of fun and I'm going to go on the News at Noon program to promote it.

So are you interested in running in the event? How about being a volunteer (you get a free shirt, hat and I think something else just for holding out a glass of water to some runners as they speed by you). If so, click here, or here, or even here and it will take you to the www.hbcrunforcanada.ca website (yes you can click that link too!) I hope you all decide to either run in the event or at least volunteer and help support Canada's Olympians!

Just one more question: Since it's a running event, when I go on TV should I dress up and wear a shirt and tie to show professionalism, or do I dress sporty to portray a more athletic look to the event? Please help me by telling me in the comments.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

is the run only taking place in Regina?

Sheldon said...

Actually it takes place in 10 different cities across Canada, but in Saskatchewan it is only happening in Saskatoon. If you go to www.hbcrunforcanada.ca (and then click English) you can see all the cities across Canada where it will take place.

Anonymous said...

Whatever you wear, you gotta record and post it so the folks out west (like me) can see it!

Sheldon said...

Ok, I'll do my best to get a picture!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheldon - hope I caught you in time! Dress up spiffy - Rogstad is a goof - you shouldn't be outdressed by him... I'm totally tuning in! :)