Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm Caught Up...with the O.C.


When I first started watching the O.C. it was by accident. I was working on something on the couch and just happened to have the TV on while the O.C. was on. It was the episode where Jimmy finally decides to leave town and Ryan and Lindsay kiss just to make sure it's not weird (you have to watch the show to understand). I was all confused at first, but as the season went on things started coming together.

But like I mentioned earlier, Shiela and I have decided to play "catch up" with the OC. We started right at the beginning and finally, 9 discs and 34 episodes later (plus bonus features) I have caught up to where I first started watching the show. And I am going to enjoy the O.C. even more than I used to now that I understand all the history. First, there are a lot of characters I didn't even know existed: Anna, Oliver, Luke, Hailey, and Theresa to name a few. It's great to understand how everything developed from Summer not knowing Seth to being in love with him. How Seth was a loser until Ryan showed up. Understanding Seth's girl troubles. The list could go on!

But after watching a lot of episodes in a row, here are a few O.C. things I have noticed:
  • Almost every episode opens in the Koehn house (usually the kitchen)
  • People drink A LOT on the O.C. (I can see how Kirsten develops a drinking problem)
  • They always sit in the exact same booth at the diner when they eat pancakes, etc.
  • They constantly have parties, and they all look alike
  • Their school dances and carnivals are WAY more decorated than anything I have ever seen at a high school
  • How can they afford to order in basically every day?

The list could go on, but I'll stop. I'm looking forward to finishing off Season 2 in the upcoming weeks. Each episode is so good now that I know the history.

Anyone else out there ever notice anything interesting about the O.C. that you could add to the list I made? My favourite character is Seth. Who's yours?

4 comments:

Janelle said...

i actually JUST realized that all OC's open in the Koehn's kitchen. i was watching this week - and thought that was a little odd. i am obsessed with the O.C. i miss Luke lots, and Anna - she was awesome!!! i'm so glad that you are catching up! there's alot to learn - though every 2 episodes Marissa & Ryan fight - and break up, and get back together. that's always a given. oh man, i love that show!! and i would have guessed that Seth was your favorite...though you seem like you could be a vote for Sandy too.

Sheldon said...

Hey Janelle,
Sandy is probably my 2nd favourite. He's not as funny, but still very witty and seems like such a great parent...always has the right answers. But I guess I could do that to if somebody wrote me a script! And guess which female is coming back to the O.C.? I think you'll be happy!

Janelle said...

shut up! serious? how's that gonna work?

Sheldon said...

I'm talking about Anna, just to clarify (in case you thought I meant Luke). But I'm not sure how it's going to work. I just happened to read that on an O.C. website somewhere. I'm glad she's coming back...I thought she was great.