Friday, February 10, 2006

My First Triple Double


In my entire basketball career I don't think I ever achieved a triple double... I just wasn't good enough (and didn't rebound enough). Anyways, this weekend I have decided to accomplish my own version of a triple double.

For those of you who are unaware Movie Gallery has bought all the VHQ stores...at least in Saskatoon. As a result there are a few new rules for renting, which really aren't a big deal. The best part is that right now you can rent any of their "Gallery movies", movies that are not on the outside walls (so basically most of their 7 day rentals) for FREE. That's right, it's not buy one get one free or anything...just plain old free. It only applies to the weekend though which is Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

So today I returned some previous discs of the 1st season of the OC (which I will write about in a separate post once I'm finished with Disc 7) and I had to go to two separtate VHQ's since last week the one closest to us didn't have Discs 4 and 5 of the OC. Anyways, while I was there I realized that I didn't have an account at the 8th street store. So I signed up for an account and rented a 7 day movie for free. This was great because I had just come from the VHQ close to us and had rented the final disc of the OC for free too! So I've decided that this weekend I am going to visit both VHQ locations each day this weekend and get a free movie from each one...my own version of a triple double! And the best part is that Shiela set up her own account at each of these stores too...so she also can get 2 movies per day this weekend. That means we could have a total of 12 movies at our house this week to watch!! I don't know when in the world I'll have time to watch them all, but who cares...they were FREE!!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

1. i just wanted to tell you that i love the OC - the best show ever!
2. i think Shelia is pregnant & that's what you are going to post.