Saturday, May 26, 2007

We Won

Yes, my boys won the Gold medal by defeating Aurora 2-1 in double overtime!!! It was an extremely tense game for us coaches and more than once I had shivers and goosebumps as I watched the Aurora team shoot the ball high over an empty net, hit one of the post and see us just barely miss a number of chances too! But with 2 minutes left until penalty shots we got a corner kick and James vollied it into the back of the net with the outside of his foot to give us the go ahead goal. There was a brief writeup in the Star Phoenix about our "upset" they called it...and I guess for us to beat Aurora in the final after the beat us 6-2 in the opening game, it is a bit of an upset...but they'll be singing a different tune come the end of this season (I hope!)

No comments: