Friday, April 18, 2008

Phantom of the Opera Tickets

A couple weeks ago they had a really great sale on Phantom of the Opera tickets for Saskatoon. The third balcony seats were selling for only $40 (plus service charge). Shiela and I don't go to many shows at all, but we figured that was a pretty good deal and snapped up the tickets as the sale was only on for about 3 days. We picked Thursday May 1 as the day to attend as we figured nothing would be up that day. We were pumped to be able to attend the show.

Then yesterday I got a call from work. Now I have been working from home for over 2 years and very, very rarely does anything actually happen in Saskatoon. And since 2006 I don't think anything has at all that I was really involved with. So you would think that buying tickets to a show is pretty safe. It turns out one of our clients is having an event that very same day and I have been asked to work at it...and it will run the entire day and evening.

Therefore, I now must sell our tickets. We received a great deal on them and I'm going to sell them for the same amount we paid for them. The total cost for two tickets is $106.50 (see below for cost breakdown). The tickets are in Row A (first row) of the 3rd balcony. Leave a comment if you would like to buy them or just contact me if you know how to get a hold of me.

P.S These same tickets to buy on Ticketmaster now are $70 each (Total cost $166.50) so I'm offering a $60 discount!

Ticket cost breakdown: ($40X2 = $80 (Ticket Cost) + $9.75 X2=$19.50 ( Service Charge) + 1.50X2=$3.00 (Facility Charge) + $4.00 Processing Fee) = $106.50 (Total)

2 comments:

Chris Hiebert said...

Hey Sheldon, I'm surprised the business man doesn't want to make a buck! I'd support it.

Angela and I had U2 tickets a few years ago and things came up that we couldn't go (what could possibly have come in the way of us going to a U2 concert???). I sold the tickets - doubled my money! I hope that wasn't illegal . . .

Sheldon said...

Hey Chris,

First off, I'm extremely jealous you had U2 tickets! I think someone would have had to die for me to miss a U2 concert if I had tickets (and that dead person would probably have to be me!)

Anyways,I'm not trying to make money on these tickets because the show isn't sold out. There are lots of tickets left and so in order for me to sell these I need to have an incentive for people. The fact that I was able to buy them so much cheaper then you can now is a pretty good incentive and so my goal is to just sell them at the discounted price.