Friday, April 11, 2008

Unstoppable

I have seen the light...or actually the green. Yes, the green of the greens. Ok, it's actually still pretty brown but who cares because the golf season is now upon us! I am so excited and can't wait to get out on the course!

This year I am pretty much going to be unstoppable on the golf course. I've got all my ducks in a row and am ready for the season. Shiela bought me a new golf glove for my birthday (my old one had so many holes in it I don't even know why I wore it). She also bought me golf rain gloves so I can golf in the rain and they are designed to help me keep gripping the club. We are pretty hard core sometimes and have often been out on the course as the rain starts to fall. I also have two golf lessons lined up as a Christmas present from my sister and brother-in-law and so I will be ITZ.

The best part of this season is the new purchase I made just the other day...golf shoes. I have always just worn my runners when golfing but due to some birthday money I received this year I decided that it was time to get some golf shoes to help improve the game. They are going to be awesome for one main reason...they are waterproof. Since I'm not independently wealthy we usually hunt down the golf deals in town and golf at those times. This usually means early in the morning when often the course still has some sprinklers on or there is dew on the ground. In the past my shoes have always been soaked by the time I'm done...but not anymore. That combined with the cleats on the bottom will at least cut off 4-5 strokes per game.

So Ben and Colin, take one last long look at the golf trophy, because I'm going to be winning the trophy right at the start of the season and you won't be seeing it again. Now, if I could just get my driver to work...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm up for the challenge this year. Hope those lessons help, because you are going to need all the help you can get.

colin

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck to you sir. You are pulling out all the stops early. But if I was being consistantly beat by my opponent by 5 - 10 strokes, I would do all that stuff too. You forget though that I have been beating you with hand me down, and handed down again iron that were the wrong size. now I have new state of the art, cup seeking, ball dropping irons. It will be nice to have a challenge for the trophie. Every week I bring it to the golf course only to drag it right back home again. Best of luck. Ben