Thursday, January 12, 2006

Home Sweet...Office?


It was a late night and I was in a deep, dreamy sleep. I was dreaming that I was playing in a no limit poker tournament and I had just flopped a Royal flush. The other guy bet, I raised, he reraised, and then I went all in. Needless to say he was knocked out when I won. Of course, like most dreams, this one was a little weird since I had about 10 cards in my hand so finding the right ones for the Royal Flush wasn't hard. Anyway....

As I'm happily dreaming my alarm clock goes off. I bolt out of bed thinking the smoke alarm is going off and the house is burning down, though I quickly realize it's just the alarm clock, shut if off, and fall back to bed. The next thing I know I wake up and it's 7:55am!!! I have to be at work by 8:00am!! I bolt out of bed, run across the hall to the next room, quickly sit down, look at my watch, and sigh with relief. I made it to work with 4 minutes and 50 seconds to spare!

That's right, I love working at home. You can sleep in til just before 8:00am and then walk over the office still in your housecoat. Actually, I'm working in the buff right now...just kidding! I have underwear on! You can set your own hours, listen to music while you work, update your blog (ok, I'm on a coffee break right now), talk to your wife whenever, eat lunch at home instead of packing a lunch, etc. Yep, working from home is great. I'm not sure what I'll do if I ever get an office job again.

If you would like to contact me at work, here is my contact info: same as before LOL!!

Does anyone else out there work from home?

No comments: