Monday, January 30, 2006

Living Right


The other day my favourite Canadian poker player, Daniel Negreanu, won a big tournament in the World Series of Poker tournament circuit in Tunica, Mississippi which is great as he had had not won a major tournament in quite a while. The interesting part was what he wrote on his blog afterward. Here's an excerpt:

You know, it just wouldn't be right of me to leave out the following bit of information that I feel makes me not only a more focused player, but also a better person: I've been "livin' right." Every night I've been reading a few chapters of the Bible, getting to bed early, being productive, and staying positive. There is no way to measure how important all of that is, but personally, I know that without that, "routine" if you will, I'm simply not as good as I can be. Having a personal relationship with God is very important to me and I think I’ve been letting my “busy life” interfere with my priorities a little bit. First and foremost, I need to become a better husband, a better son, and a better friend to my friends. When I do that, everything else just has a way of falling into place, and no, I don’t think it’s a random coincidence!

I think it's great how Daniel writes that on his poker blog that thousands of people read all the time. He doesn't hide his faith at all. And I totally agree with him because I find the same thing in my own life. When I am regularly reading the Bible and praying I feel that things just seem to go better. Now don't hear me say that everything goes the way I want (I wish!), but I find that when my realtionship with God is good, I feel better, little things don't irritate me as much, and I'm just all around happier.

Does anyone else out there find this in their life?

No comments: