Thursday, March 23, 2006

What a Great Day

My birthday has now come and gone and I've decided to do a blog of the day to show you how I spent it:

7:30am - Wake up and decide to go back to sleep

7:58am - Shiela wakes me up and brings me breakfast in bed. It consisted of pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, eggs and V8 splash. It was awesome!

8:15am - I opened up a gift from Christy and John (no they weren't here, but they sent it from BC). It was a nice Canadian Olympic t-shirt from Hbc. It fit perfectly and I love it!

8:17am - I opened up my birthday presents from Shiela. She gave me a Coca Cola napkin holder (which I used as a money holder for my poker game that night), a coupon for a massage, a Dealer button (which I've needed for a long time) and a coupon that entitled me to buy the new Daniel Negraneau DVD that I wanted (she couldn't find it online, and actually I couldn't either but I know it's there, so I'm get to find it and buy it).

8:20am - I get up and shower

8:45am - I head to the computer to start "working" for the day. My "work" for the day was going to be playing poker online.

8:45am - I read the online birthday card from Kurt and Kendall...it was great!

8:48am - I read the birthday greeting from Janelle Baerg...thanks!

9:30am - My grandparents phone to wish me a Happy Birthday

9:45am - My mom phones to wish me a Happy Birthday and I find out that someone crashed their truck through the large window of the Hepburn Co-op! I thought that only happened in the movies!

9:58am - I log out of Party Poker where I've been playing Omaha high low all morning...I'm up $5.00.

10:00am - Shiela and I head out to do whatever we want...which is go look at the Olympic clothing at Hbc.

10:35am - Shiela loves all the clothing they have (and if you haven't seen it you need to check it out, it's really nice stuff) and I make a mental note for her birthday

11:15am - Make our way to Soccer Locker to spend the $60 gift certificate I received almost a year ago and haven't spent yet.

11:19am - Rob at soccer locker tells me they are just unpacking all their new stuff and so if I come back in a few days they will have a lot more stuff. He said not to worry about my gift certificate expiring since he knows me. I leave happy and will come back in about a week.

11:34am - Shiela and I are in Superstore to buy snacks for the poker game that night

11:57am - I drop Shiela off at home and go read the paper at the library.

12:30pm - I make myself some Chunky soup for lunch and head back to the computer to play some more poker

1:20pm - I've lost $25 playing poker online...I'm debating whether I should stop

1:21pm - I switch over to playing no limit hold 'em and buy in for $10.00

1:33pm - I've now lost that $10.00 and decide it's time for a nap

2:30pm - Larry phones to say he can't make it poker. I get up and play some more poker.

3:30pm - I just won a sit and go tournament and pocketed $17.50. I'm also playing in a free tournament but doing badly.

3:45pm - Decide to clean the house for the poker tournament tonight. I put my tournament status to "post and fold"

4:15pm - I play a few hands in the tournament and am knocked out. Oh well, its was free.
4:17pm - I enter another sit and go tournament for $5.00
4:22pm - I'm knocked out...not a good showing. I shut off the computer.
5:00pm - I head to KFC to pick up my birthday supper...I bought the Fun Bucket and yes, it was a lot of fun to eat.
7:00pm - Poker tournament starts and I lose a lot of chips to Shiela in the very first hand (what was I thinking drawing to a low straight). I'm worried I will get knocked out early.

8:00pm - I won a couple big hands and am back in the game.

9:00pm (circa) - Colin is knocked out of the tournament first when Ben Lim's King kicker was higher than Colin's as they both had a pair of Queens.

9:20pm - I forget the order of who was knocked out when, but in the end it was just Gramps and I.

10:00pm - Gramps and I are the final two...Gramps has few more chips, but it's pretty equal.

10:05pm - I'm getting nothing for cards and am losing chips. I win a couple hands but can't pull ahead.

10:15pm - I hold Jack, 7 and the flop comes 7, 10, 2. Gramps bets 400 and I raise 400 more. He calls. the turn is an 8. I know Gramps doesn't have the 10 so he either has a 2 or else some high cards. He bets 500. I count my chips and go all in. Gramps calls and turns over 2, 8 for two pair. The river is a blank and I'm done in 2nd place and win $10.00.

10:30pm - Everyone heads home and my birthday is done. What a fun day!

I'm really looking forward to the party on Saturday night!


No comments: