Monday, March 27, 2006

Yep, I'm a Goon!

For those of you that follow our Tauro FC Men's team you'll notice that we are on a new kind of streak...a red card streak. Yes, I admit it, I was one of the ones that got a red card. Actually, I received 2 yellow cards which equals a red card.

The first yellow card I derserved. The ref called a passback on our team when I clearly played it to our keeper off my thigh. Anyways, the ref made the call, I turned around and yelled "No way!" and then I kicked the ball away that just happened to be at my feet. As soon as I kicked it I knew I had a yellow card. After serving my 4 minute penalty I went back out there again with no incidence. But on my very next shift another player and I were battling for the ball along the boards and no one had possession. I flicked the ball past the guy but he shielded me and passed the ball about two feet away from the boards to his player. As his player went by I stepped out to try and steal the ball, missed, and hit the guys leg. The guy yells (but he always yells whenever you touch him) and immediately the ref gives me a yellow card. Again, I said "You've got to be kidding!" but then I just left it at that and left the field. I figured if I yelled at the ref I would probably just get an extra game suspension or something. So I'll admit that second yellow was a foul, but honestly, there was way worse stuff going on and it did not deserve a yellow card. Oh well, I had to miss one game in which we killed the other team 5-1 or something.

No comments: