Friday, September 23, 2005

MD Ambulance Hires A New EMT


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SASKATOON - MD Ambulance in Saskatoon is pleased to announce that Shiela Mathies has accepted a position with the company and will commence her new job on October 3rd. "We are very excited to have Shiela on board with our company," a representative from MD Ambulance told reporters. "Throughout the entire hiring competition and on every test Shiela excelled over and over again and we were excited when she accepted our offer of employment."* Shiela was ecstatic as well. "When they phoned to offer me the job I accepted it like a professional, but once I hung up I ran to my husband, hugged and kissed him and told him I had a job," Shiela happily explains as she recalls the occassion.
Shiela graduated from the EMT course at SIAST in Saskatoon at the end of January. Wanting to be hired on by MD ambulance, Shiela decided to work full time for a local company, Philom Bios, in the production area while she waited for MD Ambulance to have another hiring competition. However, when she found out in April that MD Ambulance may not be hiring that spring, Shiela took a full time contract EMT position in Canora, SK. which would extend until the end of September. "I really liked working out in Canora," Shiela said, "but being in Canora for 6 days away from my husband and then coming back to Saskatoon for 5 days was beginning to be difficult and I missed him a lot. I really wanted to be with my husband and the only way to do that was to get a job in Saskatoon."
When Shiela received a letter inviting her to the next hiring competition for MD Ambulance she was excited. "The timing was perfect as my job in Canora was ending at the end of September, but it took a lot of work and driving in order to come into Saskatoon over the last 3 weeks during the competition," Shiela explained. "I had to trade a lot of my shifts in Canora with other people and I just want to say thank you to everyone at Canora EMS for helping me out so much in order to make my dream come true."
Shiela is currently finishing up her last tour in Canora and will be moving back home with her husband in Saskatoon on Wednesday. "I'm excited to have my wife back home with me full time," Shiela's husband Sheldon said. "We've managed to go this long apart, but we are very much ready to be living together again full time." "I'm extremely proud of Shiela," Sheldon continues, "as she has worked and studied extremely hard to be the best EMT she can so that she would be hired by MD Ambulance." Shiela's not exactly sure what the future has in store for her. "I may eventually go back to school to upgrade my training to become a Paramedic," Shiela explained, "but for now I just want to prove to MD Ambulance that they made the right choice in hiring me and work my way into a full time permanent position."
*All quotes by MD Ambulance and Shiela were made up by the writer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congraulations Supe! Well done. I have no doubt that you will do an excellent job (you always have at whatever you've done!). "Super" happy for you. Get it? Because I said Super. And you're name used to be Super. And... well... I think the rest can be connected.

NO?

Ok okay. Because Super is you (as in your name). Ah forget it.

Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I'm celebrating with you - but not "with" you. Sheldon, you're a great writer - many smiles and chuckles as I read this.
love you guys!