Wednesday, September 7, 2005

The Treatment Centre - Day 2

Today's treatment went a whole lot smoother than yesterday. To start with Shiela and I decided to park in the 2 hour free parking across from the hospital and then just walk over. That was a $7.00 savings (cha-ching!) We managed to put everything into one backpack this time so we didn't even look like hospital tourists this time.

I checked into my bed and got comfortable. Since the needle was already in my room they simply had to plug me in and let the blood flow. It was a different nurse today that set me up and she decided she could crank up the speed of the blood antibodies they were putting in me. This was great because it went a lot faster than the day before.

I slept for a while until they brought me lunch. It looked very similar to yesterday (soup and sandwich) and the nurse tried to convince me it was good, but since I don't like mushroom soup and won't eat a sandwich made by someone else (except my wife), I simply took the grape juice and ate my own wonderful sandwich, cookies and fruit that I brought.

The rest of the time went by quickly and I was out of there by 1:15pm. Tomorrow is my last day at the treatment facility (for now at least) and so hopefully it helps my platelet count goes way up and stays up. I was sitting at 61,000 before today's treatment so I'm hoping it is up to 90,000 or so for tomorrow. I'm planning on bringing the nurses some of my cookies I baked today, just as a thank you gift since they have been very nice to me there and do such a good job.

So check back again tomorrow for another update...I hope to be posting some pictures soon but since I don't have a digital camera it will take a while to get my film developed.

No comments: