Friday, September 30, 2005

The Quizno's Experience - Answer is Below

Well, the answer to the story below is...FACT!

That's right, it was a terrible experience for me and I vowed never to return. After Janelle made the comment in the comments section that I wouldn't actually run to the garbage and spit the food in, but would be more discreet about it, I started to think back through the story. The entire story is true, except that I think I mixed up that part of the story with another McDonalds experience. I rehashed the story over with my wife and she confirmed for me that I did spit it into a napkin first. So sorry for the mistake...the rest of the story is true.

However, this past Sunday my shadow (and me) entered Quiznos once more. The guy I am working for doing soccer clinics asked me if I wanted to get a bite to eat in the 1 hour break we had between the Serious About Soccer clinic and my U12 Gold boys team we were evaluating. So I said sure and he said lets go to Quiznos. Not wanting to cause a ruckus I said sure. As I drove to that forbidden place that I had blocked out of my mind (I couldn't even remember how to get there it was such a tragic experience) I decided I was going to order something and FORCE them to only put on what I wanted.

As we walked into the restaurant I looked up at the menu trying to find something I would like. And there it was...a Meatball Sub. You can't get much closer to a Pizza sub than a Meatball sub. So I ordered the meatball sub on brown bread (did you read that Shiela, healthy brown bread) along with a chocolate milk and sat down. I took a bite of my sub and it was DELICIOUS. It was a wonderful, fulfilling, and tasteful sensation in my mouth. What a great meal!

So, although I still am not a Quiznos "fan", I have decided I will venture back there again and eat another Meatball sub.

No comments: